Thursday, September 13, 2007

Opening Gambit

Kings pawn to E4!



Over the past few months I have felt increasingly challenged to "put my money where my mouth is!" Let me be clear that no-one has actually laid down the gauntlet as it were, rather I have been internally challenged. On the one hand there's my family, both immediate and extended(love you guys!), and on the other there's my friends, in particular the Bible Study Group that meets at my house on a Wednesday evening.



My wife, her sister and I've lost count of the rest of all the family members, have all started "Blogs" for various reasons, primarily I believe as a way of keeping our global family informed of each others plans, hopes, dreams, happenings etc. This has necessitated my wife to call on me for help with her Blog Post's, "how do i..." and "where do I..." and so on. Now I know nothing about Blogging or the tools used, but it's all fairly straight forward and if you can use MS Word then you should be okay in finding your way around a Blog Post. This said, I couldn't have been further from the truth it seems, things I take for granted as an "IT guy" are not as straight forward to the BPC group as some refer to them (the Before PCs Group)...



Add to this the fact that I have been reminded over the past few weeks that one of the easiest ways to strengthen your Faith is to keep a record of all the "tests of faith" that you've been through and how you fared in them, more importantly what God has done in your life through those tests. We're doing the series "Testing of your Faith" by Dr Bruce Wilkinson (a Walk Thru the Bible Series). In the series, he teaches that in order to strengthen our Faith, we need to look to the past and be reminded of the provision of God in our lives and then to look to the future and to see the promises He has in store for us. Well the promises are all in His Word, but my past is a personal journey and unless I write that down it will become dimmed over time and more difficult to remember. Now, ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I'm not big on routine, ha-ha-ha, I don't keep any regular habits (good or bad), and I certainly don't journal!



Then I realised that I spend soooo much time in front of a PC everyday, for work and pleasure, that I might just as well use that as a medium to at least put some thoughts down, maybe organize some chronology of past events in my life, and as a bonus, get up to speed on Blogging!



Anyway, so that was what I was challenged by, now the bigger challenge will be to keep this up!

2 comments:

Skitter said...

Welcome ! Welcome....! To a whole new world within your favourite arena of life. Let the games begin!I am excited to see u Blogging.Ground control to major Tom...

Desia said...

Ja-nee! Welkom in die groot wye blog-wereld! Good thing you added the words (love you guys!) or maybe I would not have considered adding you to my daily bloglist! Just kidding-you write very well, I enjoyed the reading. Blogging seems to be relaxation of sorts to me, don’t know how or why, but I always feel better after posting, maybe a sense of accomplishment...Anyway, keep on blogging

Blog Archive

Contributors